The diver is like your shadow self. You are the opening at the top. You in full control of letting it out and building a relationship with it. Or you could close it up and not letting the “diver” out of the water. What are you going to decide?
Note: all these questions come from Gabriela Herstik’s Bewitching the Elements (p.226)
- What does the element of water represent to me?
- What’s my truest emotional nature feel like?
- What is my soul saying to me right now?
- What does my shadow self feel like? Express itself as?
- What does it feel like to be living in the world when I’m connected to my heart?
- What practices can I turn to when I’m feeling overwhelmed, emotional, and like I need help?
- What are the parts of myself I am still learning to accept and love?
- What are ways I can nurture myself through this?
- To figure out who your shadow is: “Think of that person who annoys you the most. Who just makes you so uncomfortable, even if there’s not a particularly good reason why. This is that person who grinds your gears, who gets under your skin. Make a list of the things that annoy you about this person (or people!). Be specific. Think of all the traits that make your skin crawl and your eyes roll, that make your stomach drop. When you’re done, reread this list. Voilà, you have just met your shadow.” p.214
- Healing Ancestral Karma
3. A Rose Ritual For Healing With Your Shadow
Check these out for more!