Resources mentioned in this week’s episode include:
The Survival Chakra
Balanced: Safe, secure, centered, grounded, happy to be alive
Blocked: Fearful, anxious, unsure, financial instability, ungrounded.
Overactive: Greedy, lust for power, aggressive, materialistic, cynical.
Physical Problems: Lower back pain, leg pain, sciatica, eating disorders, constipation
Gland: Adrenal (produces a variety of hormones including adrenaline and the steroids aldosterone and cortisol).
Body Parts: Legs, feet, bones, large intestines, teeth
Musical Note: C
Gemstones: Red ones e.g. ruby, garnet, red jasper.
Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
Root Chakra Yoga
Root Chakra Meditation
Root Chakra Journal Prompts
- Who makes up your tribe? How connected do you feel to these people? How do you feel when you’re around them?
- Describe your earliest memory. Describe the sights, sounds & smells. Describe the feelings that you have attached to that memory.
- What emotions does the word “Mother” invoke for you? Are you aware of where those emotions come from?
- Describe your childhood home. Did you move often, or did your family stay rooted in one place?
- When you were growing up, did you your family struggle financially? How did that affect you? Was there ever a time when you had to go without something you needed?
- What insecurities do you have now? Where did they come from? If you can remember specific incidents or patterns that led to those insecurities, describe them.
- What frightens you?
- What does “unstable” look like? Describe an unstable person in as much detail as you possibly can. What are the opinions of that person? In what ways can you relate to that person?
- What does “grounded” look like? Describe an unstable person in as much detail as you possibly can. What are the opinions of that person? In what ways can you relate to that person?
- If you were to make changes in your life that would leave you feeling grounded, what would those changes be?
- How easy/difficult would those changes be? What barriers do you have that prevent you from making those changes?
Root Chakra Affirmations
Check out more resources on my Root Chakra board on Pinterest:
Check these out for more!